Warehouse and Equipment Manager (WEM)
Posted: September 19, 2023
Location: Columbus, MS
To manage the Mennonite Disaster Service (MDS) Columbus MS warehouse property, including buildings, contents and equipment stored on site.
Reports to the Fleet and Logistics Manager (FLM)
- Manage warehouse property
- Manage people
- Manage property contents
• Maintenance and upkeep of grounds and buildings on property’s seven acres.
• Manage and organize contents of the warehouse
• Record and report on monthly expenses
• Manage Columbus based volunteers.
• Host volunteers who pass through the warehouse
• Oversee maintenance and repairs of all vehicles, trailers, equipment, and tools
• Ensure all vehicles, trailers, and equipment have the proper documentation.
• Prepare vehicles, trailers, equipment, and tools for new projects.
• Assist with the transportation of vehicles, trailers, equipment, and tools to/from MDS project sites as requested.
• Assist with setting up or closing of project sites as requested (travel to project site may be needed)
• Clean and organize tool trailers, equipment and supplies returning from projects.
• Member of the Field Operations team
• Knowledge of and passion for the MDS mission, vision and core values.
• Commitment to the Anabaptist faith and peace position
• Demonstrated commitment to the MDS lifestyle expectations and Anabaptist shared Convictions as outlined in the Employee Policy Handbook
• Three or more years of equipment maintenance or general construction experience
• High School GED or diploma required
• Driver’s license required, CDL Class A preferred
• Basic understanding of equipment and vehicle mechanics
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a team with remote supervision from the Fleet and Logistics Manager located in Lititz, PA
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills
• Interacts and communicates well with people with the ability to lead small teams of volunteers
• Experience hooking up and pulling trailers is helpful
• Demonstrated computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
• Ability to plan and follow a work plan while maintaining great flexibility
• Availability and willingness to travel approximately 10% time
• Physical requirements: Work involves considerable physical exertion such as lifting heavy objects over 50 lbs. and working in heat and humidity
• Work environment: Involves moderate risks working around equipment and vehicles. May be required to wear protective equipment and clothing
USA Application Process
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected] or mail them to:
Mennonite Disaster Service
Attn: Human Resources
583 Airport Road
Lititz, PA 17543