Volunteer Training Specialist
Posted: December 3, 2021
Term: Full time/exempt
Location: Home based
Develop, administer and conduct training programs and activities to ensure that Mennonite Disaster Service (MDS) is equipped with trained leadership volunteers.
Reports to the Volunteer Manager (VM) and participates as part of the Volunteer Team (VT).
- Provide overall direction, planning and curriculum of all MDS training materials
- Create a comprehensive plan for MDS training curriculum including scope and content
- Create MDS training materials and resources in collaboration with Region and Unit leaders, and staff
- Evaluate and monitor both materials and resources
- Collaborate with Region and Unit leaders and staff to:
- Create a strategic plan for training events including frequency and locations throughout all regions.
- Coordinate, implement, and lead training events
- Identify participants for training events
- Run Train-the-Trainer events for suitable volunteers identified within Regions and Units
- Identify and incorporate subject matter experts to resource the training events.
- Evaluate and monitor training events
- Collaborate with VT administrative support to implement training logistics
- Participate in and contribute to VT activities as assigned by the VM.
- Attend team meeting and staff retreats
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of and passion for the MDS mission, vision and core values
- Commitment to the Anabaptist faith and peace position and active in an Anabaptist church
- Demonstrated commitment to the MDS lifestyle expectations and Anabaptist shared Convictions as outlined in the Employee Policy Handbook
- Three or more years of adult continuing education training experience
- Two years of experience working in the volunteer sector preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in education, instructional design, human resources, or related field
- At least one year experience working with people of another culture
- Demonstrated computer literacy with Microsoft Office products, volunteer management software, and collaboration software for virtual training
- An engaging presenter who can relate complex information to a variety of audiences
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and learning principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and acute attention to detail; ability to accurately implement last-minute changes
- Demonstrated experience managing pressure and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage conflict in a positive manner
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently
- Availability and willingness to travel approximately 35% time
- Physical requirements: Involves some physical exertion, such as standing for long periods of time and recurring moving of items weighing between 20-50 lbs.
- Work environment: With the use of normal safety precautions typical of offices, meeting rooms, and in commercial vehicles, there is little risk of danger
USA Application Process
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected] or mail them to:
Mennonite Disaster Service
Attn: Human Resources
583 Airport Road
Lititz, PA 17543