Social Media Coordinator
Posted: December 3, 2021
Term: Full Time
Location: Lititz, PA preferred, Home-based within 100 miles of Lititz, PA
Coordinate, create, and monitor content, including graphic design, on Mennonite Disaster Service (MDS) social media channels and website to share the MDS story, mission, vision, and values.
Reports to the Communications Manager (CM).
- MDS’ digital media needs:
- Oversee and implement MDS’ social media strategy
- Manage MDS’ social media accounts across all platforms to grow the MDS presence on social media; monitor social media accounts, respond to inquiries, and use analytics to report on social media campaigns
- Coordinate, upload, and monitor MDS website content
- Monitor industry social media trends to determine how to maximize them for MDS
- Collaborate with MDS departments and volunteers to develop, create, and edit materials for their use
- Stay current with news about disasters and MDS recovery activities across the U.S. and Canada.
- Coordinate the communication of MDS recovery activities.
- Manage design and brand guidelines
- Design and implement creative graphics and content for both print and digital needs
- Edit in-house videos as needed
- Create graphics for website, social media and email marketing
- Assist with copyediting and proofreading
- Assist CM with media training for staff and volunteers.
- Member of the Communications team
- Visit at least one project annually
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of and passion for the MDS mission, vision and core values.
- Commitment to the Anabaptist faith and peace position and active in an Anabaptist church
- Demonstrated commitment to the MDS lifestyle expectations and Anabaptist shared Convictions as outlined in the Employee Policy Handbook
- 3-5 years of experience in communications or a related field required
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field
- One or more years of experience working with people of another culture
- Demonstrated computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite and experience using website management software. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Constant Contact a plus
- Experience with Word Press or similar web platforms.
- Experience working in graphic design
- Basic audiovisual knowledge and experience
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and deadlines
- Ability to take initiative as well as work as part of a team and organize own activity
- Availability and willingness to travel approximately 10% time
- Physical requirements: Work is mostly sedentary with long periods of time at a computer terminal and on the phone
- Work environment: With the use of normal safety precautions typical of offices, meeting rooms, and in commercial vehicles, there is little risk of danger
USA Application Process
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected] or mail them to:
Mennonite Disaster Service
Attn: Human Resources
583 Airport Road
Lititz, PA 17543