Administrative Assistant – Region 4
Posted: August 9, 2023
Term: Part-time (some seasonality, 10-19 hours per week – with potential for increased hours as the position develops)
Location: Home based – in Region 4 (U.S. West Coast)
Salary: $17.88/hr. to $22.23/hr.
Provide administrative support to the Region and Units within the region
Reports to the Region Board Chair (RBC) for Region 4.
- Administrative Support
- Other Tasks
• Assist RBC in planning, preparation, agenda setting, logistics of board meetings, and board member travel
• Provide administrative support for the region and all units and projects as requested
• Provide administrative support for the RBC and Regional Operations Coordinator (ROC), as requested
• Participate in region and unit Board meetings as requested
• Assist units with database maintenance and reporting of volunteer and congregation information
• Assist units with the development and distribution of unit and region newsletters
• Collect annual reporting required of the region and all units
• Manage the Region 4 Church Contact Person (CCP) newsletter
• Assist with Region 4 CCP implementation
• Assist Units in the use of resources available to them.
• Participate in general staff calls, meetings, and retreats
• Other duties as assigned
• Knowledge of and passion for the MDS mission, vision, and core values
• Commitment to the Anabaptist faith and peace position and active in an Anabaptist church
• Demonstrated commitment to the MDS lifestyle expectations and Anabaptist shared Convictions as outlined in the Employee Policy Handbook
• Requires high school diploma or equivalent
• Requires three (3) or more years’ experience with administrative support.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and reporting tools
• Ability to interact well with people in person, on the phone and electronically, including a diverse constituent group
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
• Availability and willingness to travel up to 10% time
• Adept with databases and information technology collaboration tools
• Physical requirements: Work is mostly sedentary with long periods on the phone and at a computer terminal.
• Work environment: With the use of normal safety precautions typical of offices, meeting rooms, and in commercial vehicles, there is little risk of danger.
USA Application Process
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected] or mail them to:
Mennonite Disaster Service
Attn: Human Resources
583 Airport Road
Lititz, PA 17543