Administrative and Volunteer Coordinator
Posted: January 14, 2022
Term: Permanent, 35 - 40 hrs/week (negotiable)
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Salary: $17.15 - $21.32 hr.
Benefits: Includes extended health, life insurance, RRSP contributions
Start Date: 02/2022
Provide administrative support for the office, and to MDS Canada Units and volunteers, and assist with scheduling volunteers to Canadian disaster responses.
Primary reporting relationship is to Director of Operations. Reports to the Volunteer Manager (VM) for volunteer scheduling
- Office Administration
- Answer phones and welcome guests
- Process daily mail
- Prepare donation batches that include entering donations on donor database and preparing deposits
- Coordinate bulk mailings.
- Manage office equipment and office maintenance
- Organize logistics and compile board documents for MDS Canada Board Meetings.
- Host staff and volunteer events in the office.
- Provide administrative support to staff as needed
- Other tasks as assigned
- Assist with scheduling volunteers who serve on Canadian projects.
- Assist with scheduling weekly volunteers at unit projects as requested.
- Schedule weekly volunteers for Summer Youth Projects (SYP) and Family Projects (FP) at Canadian locations.
- Process border crossing letters and orientation packages for all Canadian weekly volunteers serving in the U.S.
- Build relationships with Canadian weekly volunteers for volunteer retention.
- Assist the VM with administrative tasks related to leadership volunteers as needed.
- Keep volunteer and donor database updated.
- Provide volunteer reports to Units as requested.
- Collect and file Unit minutes.
- Collect and distribute annual Unit reports.
- Coordinate mailings (physical and email) as requested by Units.
- Maintain accurate record keeping for vehicles, tools, IT and equipment in partnership with MDS Canada Equipment Coordinator.
- Manage computer, phone, and office equipment for projects.
- Maintain volunteer waiver/release and permission forms.
- Attend MDS Canada board meetings, MDS staff retreat, banquets, workshops, trainings, and/or fundraisers as requested or required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and passion for the MDS mission, vision, and core values
- Post-secondary training and experience in, Administration, Volunteer Management, or a related field.
- 1-2 Years of experience in Administration or Volunteer Management.
- Experience working with or scheduling volunteers helpful. Preference given for those having prior MDS service.
- Appreciation and respect for Anabaptist values and the diversity of the MDS constituency
- Warm, sensitive relational style in relating to volunteers and constituency
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborates well with others
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well on the telephone and respond in a timely way
- Demonstrated organizational and detail skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, reporting tools, donor/volunteer management software and Google Workspace.
- Problem solving skills
- Creates, organizes, and follows a work plan
- Ability to work as a team member, and independently without supervision.
- Willingness to experience working on an MDS project.
- Commitment to the Anabaptist faith and peace position and active in an Anabaptist church
Physical requirements: Work is mostly sedentary with long periods on the phone and at a computer terminal.
Work environment: With the use of normal safety precautions typical of offices, meeting rooms, and in commercial vehicles, there is little risk of danger.
USA Application Process
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected] or mail them to:
Mennonite Disaster Service
Attn: Human Resources
583 Airport Road
Lititz, PA 17543