Posted: November 15, 2023
Term: 20 hrs/week
Location: Winnipeg, MB
1. Communications Coordination and Creation. Initiate, coordinate and create communications about MDS Canada activities and initiatives. • Tell the MDS story in both print and visual format. (e.g., provide stories and photos for our newsletter, social media, website, and other channels.) • Provide updated content for the MDS Canada section of the MDS website and social media.
1. Key Responsibilities
• Assist Canadian volunteers in telling their stories of MDS service. (e.g., on social media, via written, visual or oral presentations)
• Collaborate with MDS’ volunteer base to envision, shape and implement coherent and consistent tools for their sharing of the MDS mission and story.
• Stay current with stories in the media where MDS is mentioned, and stories related to disasters and disaster response.
2. Media Relations.
• Develop relationships with media across Canada, making use of community-based media through to national media outlets.
• Write press releases and provide Canadian media (church and mainstream) with ideas for telling stories about MDS in Canada, and its volunteers.
• Able to affirm and encourage our constituents’ Anabaptist faith and commitment to our Shared Convictions (Mennonite World Conference)
• Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong administrative skills
• A proven team player.
• Strong technical communication skills (including writing, editing, photography, and computer literacy)
USA Application Process
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail them to:
Mennonite Disaster Service
Attn: Human Resources
583 Airport Road
Lititz, PA 17543